Σάββατο 8 Ιανουαρίου 2011

Leighton Meester small interview!

I just read a small but fun and interesting interview of Leighton Meester on www.instyle.com. Our favorite Blair Waldorf talked about school, being a brunette (she is a natural blond) and revealed some of her beauty secrets! Leighton seems to be an extraordinary, aggressive and yet preppy girl!
Shall we?


How did you feel about becoming a brunette for Gossip Girl?

"I'm naturally blond, but since my hair was bleached at the time, the dye soaked it up quickly and turned green! I didn't cry, but I thought, I'd better get this part. Fortunately, my roommate back then was a hairdresser, so he helped me fix it." 

Are there any wild hairstyles lurking in your past?

"I've dyed my hair a million colors—purple was pretty crazy. When I was doing the movie Drive Thru, my character was punked out, so I put black and bright red streaks in it. At this point I don't want to go too crazy with color because I know how long it takes to get my hair back to health."  

You're not wearing makeup and you look amazing. How is that possible?

"Being a brunette complements my skin tone more so I can wear less makeup, which is totally my thing. I also started a skin regimen: Before bed, I apply La Roche-Posay's Cleansing Milk to my face with a cotton pad and use Evian Mineral Water Spray instead of hot water." 

Would it be too soon if you never saw another headband again?

"I like headbands, but I'm definitely not as obsessed with them as Blair is. Actually, I just got a couple, but they're not very Blair-like. They have little jewels on them. I do wear hats a lot, though. In the summer I'll wear a nice straw hat that blocks the sun, or I'll wear a cap or fedora to cover up bad hair days."  

Have you picked up any secret hair tips from [your hairstylist] Charles Baker Strahan?

"Yes! He tells me not to wash my hair every day… And ever since I bought a Mason Pearson brush, my hair is much healthier. The brush is especially good in the winter, when little dreadlocks start to form in the back of my head." 

Who are your style icons?

"My mom, for one. She gave me a bunch of cool '70s and '80s clothes. The only time I ever get complimented on what I'm wearing in my daily life is when it's one of her pieces, so I'm thankful she kept it all. Playing Blair has gotten me into Bette Davis, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn... Nowadays, I really love Cate Blanchett. She's experimental, but in the right way. She always looks comfortable."  

You went to Beverly Hills High School. Was it a fashion competition?

"It was bad. I was picked on because I was a four-eyes and a dork. We didn't have a ton of money, so I couldn't say, "Mom, I need to have these crazy expensive jeans." I've always been able to pull a style together, but school was the last place I wanted to do that for. I had long, tangled hair and wore hemp necklaces, baggy T-shirts and not-so-cute jeans. I mean, for crying out loud, we were just going to go throw on gym clothes and run around the track! I've grown up as far as the fashion world goes, but I still identify with that high school me." 
[interview from instyle.com]

As this blog goes on, you will understand that I am obsessed with a fan of Gossip Girl, and especially a stalker fan of Leighton Meester, aka Blair Waldorf! She is my idol!

1 σχόλιο:

Τα σχόλια σας μου φτιάχνουν την μέρα!